New PIAVADC Agency Membership Dues Structure
PIA is your resource to help your agency grow and prosper. We provide quality education, effective advocacy in Richmond and Washington, D.C. to protect your agency and our industry, networking and leadership opportunities, as well as insurance coverages for your agency.
PIAVADC offers four types of membership:
- Agency: engaged in the insurance business. Dues are based on total number of full-time, P&C licensed agents. Agency membership includes PIA National dues.
- Company: officers, representatives or employees of an insurance company or any other individual affiliated directly or indirectly with property/casualty insurance business. Annual dues are per company.
- Associate: an organization that does not fall into either Agency or Company member categories. Annual dues are per company, not individual.
- Retired: an individual no longer in the insurance business but was an active PIA member at one time.
What is a Ruble?
James K. Ruble Seminars are respected throughout the industry as cutting-edge and market-focused – offering a variety of specialty, advanced and high-interest topics.
As a dues-paid designee, you expect superior content for your updates—and all of James K. Ruble content is superior! If you are looking to drill down into a specific topic, you will get the answers to all your tough questions. If you are a generalist, the seminars also cover a mix of session subjects on advanced coverages that are current and on trend.
Does a Ruble qualify for my CE update?
Once earning the CIC or CRM designation, you must take an update every year. Update options include any of the CIC, CRM, or Ruble courses (no testing).
Likewise, those earning the CISR designation must also take an annual update. Options include a CISR course, but alternatively a CIC, CRM, or Ruble course (no testing), which will qualify for 2 years of CISR updates.
Winters-Oliver Insurance Agency - Richmond, VA
Select the title for the full article.
Postings are free for PIA members.
Fernanda Amaral Joins PIA of Virginia & DC
We are excited to announce that Fernanda “Fern” Amaral has joined PIA of VA/DC as an Account Executive in our Insurance Services division.
Fern has over 18 years experience in insurance, including personal lines, commercial lines, and, over the past 7 years, professional liability. She currently holds the CPIA designation.
The thing she loves the most about insurance is that there is never a dull day in commercial lines. Customer service is her number one priority, and she takes that very seriously.
Fern is the proud mother of two children - Christian and Natalie - and is tri-lingual, speaking English, Spanish and Portuguese.
In her free time, she likes to get involved in community services such as Feed More of Richmond, Red Door Ministry, the SPCA, and other local charities. She loves to spend time with her children, spoil her two Havanese dogs, participate in water activities, watch Netflix, and travel - especially cruises.
She is a breast cancer survivor and advocate for women’s health and wellness.
Please contact her at 804-486-4224 or Fern@piavadc.com if you have any questions about your E&O or cyber liability policies. She is here to help.
Chat with us Online
Our website chat feature saves you time and trouble. Send us a message for quick and easy responses.
From PIA National
In the event of cyber business interruption, insurance covers loss and costs in excess of normal operating expenses required to maintain the business and restore operations.
PIA National is happy to introduce the PIA 401(k) Program. It is a turn-key, low-cost solution for agency owners and their employees and performs over 90% of administrative tasks by becoming your retirement department support team.
The PIA 401(k) Plan provides what employees want and what independent agents need to deliver it, in an efficient and cost-effective way.
In an increasingly virtual world, it’s critical that you know how to build relationships online. That’s why PIA National has launched its latest member benefit, The Agent Experience.
"We’ve built this tool to expand your views about building relationships in a virtual world—and to provide access to resources that will help."
Exclusive PIA member Session on Customer Retention and Growth
Speaker, Chris Paradiso (Paradiso Financial and Insurance Services) will present “The Path to Agency Growth? It's All About Customer Retention”
Discussion will include:
- The role technology plays in improving customer communications, cross-selling, up-selling
- Identifying how clients feel about your agents, your carriers and their insurance
- Examples of solutions that can make a difference
- It pays to shut up and listen to your clients, and what to do about what you hear
- The importance of knowing your customer base, including what makes a good customer and how they mesh with your brand
- The digital imperative—from onboarding to servicing customers
Register for an interactive session:
March 23, 2023: https://bit.ly/3FlNfur
”Don't wait until February to start living in January."
Anthony T. Hincks