January 2023 Member News
PIA Celebrates Johnny Lee's Retirement
At a luncheon in Fredericksburg, PIAVADC celebrated Johnny Lee, who served PIA as President of the VA/DC affiliate and later as National President. Please join us in wishing Johnny all the best in the next phase of his journey.
From left: Johnny Lee, Gerald Hemphill (President, National Association of Professional Insurance Agents), Kevin Kowar (Association Executive - VA/DC/NC) and Mike Becker (CEO, National Association of Insurance Professionals)
2023 Independent Agent Survey
For the sixth year, PIA is partnering with the ALM Media, the parent company of the National Underwriter and PC360, to conduct the 2023 National Underwriter Property Casualty (NU)/PIA Independent Agent Survey. PIA members along with NUPC readers are being asked to complete this survey designed to obtain an accurate, updated picture of the challenges and opportunities facing independent insurance agents.
As a PIA member, please accept this invitation to participate in the 2023 Survey by clicking the link below. Completing the survey should take about 15 minutes. Your responses are completely anonymous and reported only in the aggregate.
By participating, you will have direct input into significant research that is highly regarded throughout the industry, specifically as it relates to the independent agent distribution system.
Complete the 2023 NU/PIA Independent Agent Survey
Key results of this research will be shared in print and online as a data-rich cover feature of charts, graphs and editorial analysis and will appear in NUPC’s print edition, as well as on PropertyCasualty360.com, on pianational.org and in PIA National Newsline and PIA Connection. Results will be published beginning March 1, 2023.
New PIAVADC Agency Membership Dues Structure
PIA is your resource to help your agency grow and prosper. We provide quality education, effective advocacy in Richmond and Washington, D.C. to protect your agency and our industry, networking and leadership opportunities, as well as insurance coverages for your agency.
PIAVADC offers four types of membership:
- Agency: engaged in the insurance business. Dues are based on total number of full-time, P&C licensed agents. Agency membership includes PIA National dues.
- Company: officers, representatives or employees of an insurance company or any other individual affiliated directly or indirectly with property/casualty insurance business. Annual dues are per company.
- Associate: an organization that does not fall into either Agency or Company member categories. Annual dues are per company, not individual.
- Retired: an individual no longer in the insurance business but was an active PIA member at one time.
Select the title for the full article.
Postings are free for PIA members.
Chat with us Online
Our website chat feature saves you time and trouble. Send us a message for quick and easy responses.
From PIA National
PIA National is happy to introduce the PIA 401(k) Program. It is a turn-key, low-cost solution for agency owners and their employees and performs over 90% of administrative tasks by becoming your retirement department support team.
The PIA 401(k) Plan provides what employees want and what independent agents need to deliver it, in an efficient and cost-effective way.
In an increasingly virtual world, it’s critical that you know how to build relationships online. That’s why PIA National has launched its latest member benefit, The Agent Experience.
"We’ve built this tool to expand your views about building relationships in a virtual world—and to provide access to resources that will help."
Exclusive PIA member Session on Customer Retention and Growth
Speaker, Chris Paradiso (Paradiso Financial and Insurance Services) will present “The Path to Agency Growth? It's All About Customer Retention”
Discussion will include:
- The role technology plays in improving customer communications, cross-selling, up-selling
- Identifying how clients feel about your agents, your carriers and their insurance
- Examples of solutions that can make a difference
- It pays to shut up and listen to your clients, and what to do about what you hear
- The importance of knowing your customer base, including what makes a good customer and how they mesh with your brand
- The digital imperative—from onboarding to servicing customers
Register for an interactive session:
January 10, 2023: https://bit.ly/3B508qa
March 23, 2023: https://bit.ly/3FlNfur
”Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day."