Processing Your CE
Providers have ten days to process Virginia insurance continuing education completions.
After successfully completing a course for Virginia insurance CE, credits are posted to a licensee's transcript. It is recommended that transcripts be checked to ensure that all CE has been posted and all requirements met.
The Virginia Insurance Continuing Education Board has the following requirements for resident agents:
- 2+ license types - 24 CE, including 3 ethics/law/regulation and at least 8 CE applicable to each license type held.
- 1 license type, or both Life & Annuities and Health licenses - 16 CE, including 3 ethics/law/regulation.
- CE must be completed every 2-year license term prior to their license expiration date.
2023 Annual Convention Exhibitor Registration
- NEW LOCATION: Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Booths are assigned in the order in which online registration forms are received.
- Informal Social Function - Tuesday evening, 7/25/2023
- TRADE FAIR - Wednesday, 7/26/2023, 2-5pm
- Education Sessions - Wednesday, 7/26 - Thursday, 7/27/2023.
PIAVADC Agency Membership Dues Structure
PIA is your resource to help your agency grow and prosper. We provide quality education, effective advocacy in Richmond and Washington, D.C. to protect your agency and our industry, networking and leadership opportunities, as well as insurance coverages for your agency.
PIAVADC offers four types of membership:
- Agency: engaged in the insurance business. Dues are based on total number of full-time, P&C licensed agents. Agency membership includes PIA National dues.
- Company: officers, representatives or employees of an insurance company or any other individual affiliated directly or indirectly with property/casualty insurance business. Annual dues are per company.
- Associate: an organization that does not fall into either Agency or Company member categories. Annual dues are per company, not individual.
- Retired: an individual no longer in the insurance business but was an active PIA member at one time.
Select the title for the full article.
Thank You Long Term Sponsors
Postings are free for PIA members.
Chat with us Online
Our website chat feature saves you time and trouble. Send us a message for quick and easy responses.
From PIA National
PIA Partners with Ascend
From billing to premium financing to distribution of commissions and carrier payables -- PIA and Ascend have you covered!
Free to Use - No Subscription Fees: let your customers decide how they want to pay - Credit/Debit Card, ACH, Wire
One-Click Premium Financing: automatically built into the checkout experience without any extra back and forth.
Instant Commissions: receive your commissions in 24 hours.
Simplify Carrier Payables: minimize time spent figuring out commissions and carrier payments.
Full Transparency: get notified when clients pay and markets are funded.
Introducing Winning@Customer Retention
Demonstrating the value of working with an agency is key. That’s where Winning@Customer Retention comes in. It's a new program from the PIA Partnership designed to help agencies improve customer service and retention. We’ve pulled together resources to help track client retention rates, segment, and communicate with customers.
The program puts spotlight on technology and solutions that play a big part in improving customer communications, referrals, and enabling agencies to select the right solutions and be proactive. Winning@Customer Retention includes a mix of online materials and tools and in-person and virtual sessions and events.
In the event of cyber business interruption, insurance covers loss and costs in excess of normal operating expenses required to maintain the business and restore operations.
PIA National is happy to introduce the PIA 401(k) Program. It is a turn-key, low-cost solution for agency owners and their employees and performs over 90% of administrative tasks by becoming your retirement department support team.
The PIA 401(k) Plan provides what employees want and what independent agents need to deliver it, in an efficient and cost-effective way.
In an increasingly virtual world, it’s critical that you know how to build relationships online. That’s why PIA National has launched its latest member benefit, The Agent Experience.
"We’ve built this tool to expand your views about building relationships in a virtual world—and to provide access to resources that will help."
”We know what we are, but know not what we may be."