Congratulations Cornhole Tournament Winners
A total of 21 two-person teams competed on Thursday afternoon, June 30 oceanside in the annual PIAVADC Cornhole Tournament benefiting Special Olympics Virginia.
- Bill Desko (Penn National Insurance)
- Tom Ennis (Liberty Mutual Mid-Atlantic)
- Jeff Brown (Brown's Insurance Agency, Inc.)
- Tom Garcia (MMG Insurance)
AIMS Society Honors PIAVADC Education Director
On June 30 at the PIAVADC Annual Convention Awards Dinner, the American Insurance Marketing and Sales Society (AIMS) surprised Sheryl Chasse with a special award.
"Sheryl’s exceptional efforts and creativity in marketing the CPIA designation program has substantially increased the level of participation and growth of the program in Virginia, DC, North Carolina, and beyond. Thank you, Sheryl, for all you do – the AIMS Society is so grateful for your outstanding work!"
Founded in 1968 as The Firemark Society (FMS), the American Insurance Marketing and Sales (AIMS) Society provides training, information and networking services designed to increase the personal and agency sales production of property and casualty insurance agents. AIMS was the first organization to honor property and casualty agents for sales excellence and to establish the industry's only sales-based insurance designation...Certified Professional Insurance Agent (CPIA).
*Biennium, Updates, and What You Should Know
Virginia resident agents must satisfy the Virginia CE requirements on or before their license expiration date (biennium) if they hold one or more of the following licenses:
- Life and Annuities
- Personal Lines
- Property and Casualty
- Life and Health
- Property and Casualty
Biennium Deadlines are:
- Odd Birth Year: update is due every odd year by the end of your birthday month.
- Even Birth Year: update is due every even year by the end of your birthday month.
To be in compliance:
- Complete the required number of Virginia-approved course credits on/before license expiration date.
- At least 3 credit hours must be Ethics. *Ethics courses categorized as Other General Insurance (OGI) will not be applied to the Ethics requirement.
- If an agent holds both a producer and a related consultant licenses, then one must only satisfy the requirements for one of those licenses in order to be in compliance.
- Agents holding one license type, or holding both Life & Annuities and Health licenses, must complete 16 hours of CE.
- Agents holding two or more license types must complete 24 hours our CE, with a minimum of 8 credit hours applicable to each license type held.
*Agents selling Flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) must complete 3 hours Flood CE.
Earning/Updating your Designation
|CPIA||Complete a 3-course Series (CPIA 1, CPIA 2, CPIA 3) within 3 years.||Every year by the end of the month in which CPIA was earned||Update is satisified with any CPIA course.|
|CIC||5 CIC courses/exams within 5 calendar years following year in which first exam was passed||Every year by end of birthday month||Ruble and CRM courses also satisfy update.|
|CISR||5 CISR courses/exams within 3 calendar years following year in which first exam was passed||Every year by end of birthday month||"CISR Elite" status is earned when completing 9 CISR courses/exams.|
|CRM||5 CRM courses/exams within 5 calendar years following year in which first exam was passed||Every year by end of birthday month||Ruble and CIC courses also satisfy update.|
Chat with us Online
Our website chat feature saves you time and trouble. Send us a message for quick and easy responses.
Select the title for the full article.
From PIA National
Cyber Security Question of the Month:
How can you decrease social engineering risk?
Train employees never to provide confidential information via email, phone or text. They should be wary of payment requests through emails and double check domain names and other sources through multiple channels.
PIA National is happy to introduce the PIA 401(k) Program. It is a turn-key, low-cost solution for agency owners and their employees and performs over 90% of administrative tasks by becoming your retirement department support team.
Postings are free for PIA members.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."